(Tenant Screening & Placement)
Preparing Your Home for Lease: We will perform a physical property inspection of your home to check for California building code and habitability compliance. We will provide a list of recommendations for code compliance and to address any safety concerns. We will also take digital photo documentation of the initial condition of your home prior to any tenant move-in.
Marketing Your Home: Your property will be listed on our company website www.treere.com, The Ventura MLS, The Santa Barbara MLS, Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Hotpads.com, The Department of Defense’s Ventura and Santa Barbara County – Military Housing Resource. There will be re-postings on Craigslist 3 times per week and housing or lawn signs will be placed at the property. We post our online advertisements with lengthy, vibrant property descriptions and up to 30 property pictures.
Showing Your Home: Our showings are hosted and will always have a T.R.E.E. professional representative present to show and answer any questions that prospective tenants have. We never just give someone a key!
Processing Applications for Your Home: We process all applications for lease in-house and perform a comprehensive tenant background investigation which includes a consumer credit report with FICO scores, national eviction record search, national criminal record search, national sex offender search, OFAC Patriot Act, and the FBI most wanted list. In addition, we also perform employment and wage verification, check past landlord references and personal references.
Below are some of the tasks that we perform when providing Tenant Location Services:
- Execute the Lease Agreement and all appropriate addendums and disclosures between Tenant and Property Owner (Landlord).
- Collect the security deposit to “hold” the property for the new tenant.
- Secure the first month’s rent check (in the form of guaranteed funds) for the landlord.
- Coordinate tenant and landlord meeting on first day of occupancy.
- Provide the move-in, move-out condition checklist to the new tenant to be returned to the landlord.